Saturday 7 July 2012

Juice Time: Get your Greens

This week, my mother and I anticipated and welcomed the arrival of our Phillips HR1861 Juicer. Yes, we have become them. Part of that insufferably over-righteous, Whole Foods Re-Usable Bag toting lot who declare irritating slogans such as: 'You are what you drink!' 'Juice your veg and eat your fruit!!' I haven't been this excited about a new thing in a while... that includes all the clothes and shoes I've bought. I can't help it, I'm a sucker for kitchen gadgets. If you've managed to wade your way through my over-excited write up, I thought I'd snap some photos of a rather, er, attractive concoction I knocked up this week. I chucked in spinach, celery, celery leaves, parsley, ginger, lime, pear, apple and some cucumber.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Lime: The health benefits of lime include weight loss, skin care, good digestion, relief from constipation, eye care, and treatment of scurvy, piles, peptic ulcer, respiratory disorders, gout, gums, urinary disorders, etc. Source

Ginger: Known for all sorts of healing properties and has been used for generations to act as a natural cure for loads of ailments. It's great for the digestive system! Source

Parsley: Yep. I put parsley in this juice... not too much though as it is (and tastes) ridiculously strong. It's a diuretic (makes you wee) and a laxative (um, no need to expand on this one), freshens breath, boosts the immune system and can be used to treat anemia. source

What did this juice taste like? Well thanks to the apple and pear, not too bad actually. I thought it was going to taste like the rear end of a lawnmower, but it was rather pleasant and the apple and pear went a good way to sweeten it up.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks very healthy!
Nice blog and thanks for sharing this kind of posts.
xo.
http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.nl/

Unknown said...

Looks very healthy!
Nice blog and thanks for sharing this kind of posts.
xo.
http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.nl/

STYLE MARMALADE said...

I love to give it a try! Sounds the sort of thing I will love! I love lime and ginger so this sounds refreshing and healthy!

Photography Equipment said...

your blog is very inspiring. Great recipes and most importantly, wonderful pictures. I’m surely going to be a regular visitor to your blog.

Phone Cards said...

This was truly a good example of a perfect blog for personal use. Thanks for inspiring me. I really got great information from your relevant post. This will surely help many others.
Great thanks!